Sunday, March 26, 2006

Coyote Bait!

Daisy Sunshine:

Yesterdays, Mama took me for a walk in the foothills again. We heared a pretty birdie singing and Mama said it was a Curved Bill Thrasher. It was sitting proudly up on top of a cactus singing his little brians out! But it sure did sound pretty. He did it till the sun went down cuz he was still there on his cactus when we was walking back.

But guess what else we seed!!! A coyote!!! A real, live coyote. Mama always told me they lived up there but we'd never seed one before. Mama said we must have walked right passed it on the path cuz we seed it down below us when we were further up the hill. It was right there!!! Where we was!!! Mama said it was a good thing I was on my leash cuz I could've been coyote bait! I don't wanna be coyote bait but I don't wanna walk on my leash, neither.

Here are some pictures of me being a Rock Hound!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Hey DS! Nice pictures! I've never been to the foothills, although I think I'd like to. Mom says she's only seen coyotes once, but they were crossing Eubank near Paseo. She says they are running out of places to live up there and have to come into people places looking for food.

I'm glad we don't have to do that for food.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Daisy Sunshine said...

WM! You would like the foothills. Its fun to walk around and smell new smells. But it would be dangerous for you a little boy like you. Mama said coyotes like to snack on little kitties and doggies, like you and me. That is why Mama won't let me off the leash anymore. Kind of sad but I don't want to be a snack.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, where does you guys live? Cactus sounds scary to me..are they sharp? We have coyotes here in the Big Piney Woods. Mistrie has to be ever vigilant. There was a moose on the pond today!!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Daisy Sunshine said...

Patches, Williams and us live in Albuquerque, NM.

Mamas says coyotes live all over the place not just in the desert! Mistrie better be careful!!! I am worried for her!

What is a moose? I don't think I knows what a moose is!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home