Friday, April 07, 2006

SOMEBODY'S CAT
C H Campagna

Somebody's cat went missing last night,
Somebody's cat had a terrible fright,
Somebody's cat was very brave,
So many kind people his life tried to save.

No-one's name hung from his collar last night,
Just a strip of tape for reflecting the light,
But a small strip of tape can in no way compete,
With so many cars and a busy town street.

It's such a dangerous world outside for cats,
With fast cars and dogs and with poisoned rats,
Someone, somewhere by a window will wait,
Thinks: "He'll be home soon, though it's now late."

Just a number to call could have meant instead
Of kind strangers she could have held his head,
I wonder if she's sorry she let her cat roam,
When he could have been so safe in her home?

The morning sun would have warmed his soft fur,
As he sat on her lap to wash and to purr.
Somebody's cat gave death quite a fight,
When somebody's cat died late last night.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Crew said...

Exactly why we're not allowed out.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

This is so sad. You hope that the kitty is OK, but unless you find it you will never know.

Precisely like The Crew said, that is why most owners won't let their cats outside. Supervised, leashed or not. Just like a small child, one minute there, the next gone.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

That is so sad, my mum is all teary now. I do go out but only when she is there to supervise me, plus I am a very sedate kitty who never goes out of my own garden, I have panic attacks if someone picks me up and tries to take me outside the back garden and I kick and bite them!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-(

I wish this wasn't true - but it is true every night. This is why town kitties must stay indoors. They cannot comprehend the dangers they face outside.

6:43 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

That is so sad. Our mommy is teary eyed too. That is why we are not allowed out eifer. Not that we would want to go out, we won't go near the door when it is open.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home